December 9, 2007

Fallen Tree

Last night our beautiful Christmas tree decided to fall. I should tell you that we had this same problem last year. Last year it fell twice and broke several ornaments. My husband blamed the cat. I did see him run from the scene of the crime so that is a possibility. Last night when it fell, the dog and cat were nowhere near the tree. It came crashing down on the dining room floor breaking several ornaments and spilling water in the process. I do not put up just any ordinary ornaments. These are ornaments that cannot be replaced. I am so upset about the broken ornaments and Frank is just trying to clean up all the water on the wood floor. So we get it back up, straighten the lights and ornaments and stand back to take a look. It looks good, so I step away to sit down. Next thing I know, it is down AGAIN! I could have screamed. We decided to try a different stand. And so far so good. The tree is still standing.

No comments: