February 2, 2008

Sam

On February 1, I had the most difficult decision to make. My cat Sam had been sick for quite sometime. To the untrained eye, you could tell he was sick. He was losing weight at a rapid pace. So on Friday afternoon, along with my friend Brooke, I took him to the vet to get some blood test done. I knew deep down what the results would be, but I just wanted to hear it from the professionals. His results came back that his kidneys had shut down and his liver was also in the process of shutting down. The vet suggested that the best thing I could do for him would be to put him down. So as hard as it was to do, I gave the go ahead. I knew in my heart it was time. He had a good 9 years of life. He was loved by the entire family and will be greatly missed. Thank you Brooke for being there with me during that difficult time. And thank you to everyone that has spoken a kind word and offered their condolences.







2 comments:

Brooke said...

Sam was a good little guy. Again, I wish I could have done more for you yesterday. Rest in peace little guy.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had gotten to Pontiac in time to be with you, but, you had a good friend with you. You will always miss him, but it will get easier with time. I know him and Josie are kickin it, so he's in good hands...Love You...Mom