June 14, 2009

Garbage Bin Inspiration

The kitchen is finally done! Well actually, it was done a week ago. And I could not be happier! I was really starting to think the end was never going to come. In the beginning, all I really wanted was it to be painted. The kitchen had some nasty wall paper that was starting to peel, so I figured a nice coat of paint would make all the difference. All I had to do was come up with a paint color. I had just recently bought a new garbage bin that is maroon in color. I liked the color so much, I took one of the wood sides of it out to the store to have it color matched for paint. And within minutes, my wall color was born. So my new kitchen started out centered around a garbage receptacle. Well Frank started in on the job and found out it was going to take more than just a few coats of paint. To make a long story short, he had to tear out plaster, hang drywall, paint, put up a chair rail, new counter top, new sink and faucet, and a new ceiling and light fixture. And after 2 long months, I am quite pleased with the end results.

Before:

I sure do miss those cows!



After 2 months of my husbands hard work and my constant nagging. Drum roll please.......




My sister-in-law Steph had this sign bought way before the project was done. She is good for the fine details. Thanks Steph!


I do not believe a new ceiling was on the original list. However, when Frank was tearing out the plaster, a chunk of the ceiling fell down on his head and left a nice boo boo on the top of my new fridge!

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Looks very nice.