September 14, 2009
The Marching Indians
The PTHS Marching Indians competed Saturday in the Washington Marching Panther Parade and Field Band Competition. The Marching Indians competed in Class 3A/4A with bands from Pekin, Canton, Champaign Central, Dunlap, Limestone, East Peoria, Normal West, Galesburg, and Quincy. The band was named Grand Champion for the highest combined score from the parade and field competitions. The band finished in second place in Class 3A parade competition and finished first in field competition in class 3A. In caption awards, the percussion section was also awarded the 1st place percussion award in the parade in class 3A, and the color guard was awarded the trophy for 1st place in the field competition. In all twenty bands of classes 1A through 4A, the band received the highest combined score of the day in parade and field competition and was named the “Grand Champion” of the contest. Here is a picture of Nikki from the parade portion of Saturday's events. And this picture was not easy to get. When they walked past us I went to take the picture and wouldn't you know it... memory card full. Oh no! So I had to run about 1/2 a block to get ahead of them to snap this one. Believe me... she was a bit embarrassed. But I was not missing this photo opportunity. I missed out last week at the Thresherman's parade because someone got in front of her right when I was gonna snap the photo. Sometimes you have to do anything to get the shot. Even if it means embarrassing the ones you love in the process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you were able to catch her this time!!
Post a Comment