August 19, 2009

New School Year

Today marked the first day of school for the kids. And I can honestly tell you, they were not as excited as I was. I was like a child on Christmas Eve last night. I could not sleep. I do believe I saw 2 am. Surprisingly, I did not have to fight too much to get them all up this morning. I figured I would have a fight on my hands considering all summer it was a miracle if you saw them before noon.

When I got home this evening from work, I asked them all if they had a good day today. I got a yes from Nikki. She is a freshman this year and was a little worried she would get lost trying to find her classes. She said the only trouble she had was finding her English class. Then I moved on to Adrien and Devynn. Their answers were pretty much the same... No they did not have a good day. I don't think anything life changing happened to them, it's the fact that they have to go to school that has them grumbling. This year Adrien is a Sophomore which means Driver's Ed come October. We still have not finished up Devynn's driving time and we are getting ready to add another? Ugh! Devynn is a Junior. This is the year he needs to really figure out where he is heading after high school. As of now, he is still undecided.

As for me, I am ready to get back to a normal routine. I was just as bad as the kids all summer. Most nights I was not in bed until the wee hours of the morning. Then when I had to drag myself out of bed and get ready for work, I promised myself I was done with that. But then do it all over again the next night.

So far, we are off to a good start. But I will not get ahead of myself. It was only the first day. I am sure there will be many surprises down the road and hopefully I will be ready for them.

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

I agree...like Christmas Eve :)

Anonymous said...

I Finally caught up on all your blogs today...now I'm running late getting ready for Nikki's B-day party!!! And I still have to stop at Wal-Mart!!!! GREAT commentary!! Love You...Mom