
September 1, 1983: The casting call for extras in the movie "Grandview USA" drew a crowd in Pontiac. 1,200 people showed up to apply for parts on the first day. Those selected will make $30 for the first 8 hours, and time and a half afterward.
Ok... for those that do not know, "Grandview USA" was a movie filmed in Pontiac starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Patrick Swayze. I was almost 7 years old when the town was over taken by Hollywoood. I do not remember any of it of course. And I was an adult when I finally saw the movie. I remember going to the video store and feeling a little foolish for renting it. It was fun watching it and seeing places you know. And the thought of seeing someone you may have known back then was exciting as well.
2 comments:
oh yes i remember it like it was yesterday. of course i was a whole 7 months older than you at the time. hehe
hate to tell you but i've never even seen that movie!
Oh you must rush out and rent it. That is if you can find it at your local video store.
Post a Comment