June 10, 2008

A Deer In The Headlights

Oh my! What excitement I just had. I stepped out on my front porch late this evening while chatting on the phone with Brooke. I look over towards the school and see what I thought was a rather large dog. I was getting ready to go in because I was a little freaked out. Then I saw the ears of this mystery creature and was shocked to see it was a deer. I am telling Brooke to hurry up and look outside. She said, "No I am scared." And I do not blame her because I was a little excited at this point. I scared myself a little. So Brooke finally goes to her front porch just in time to see it run down the sidewalk past the school. It is safe to say I was the deer in the headlights because even now I cannot believe what I just saw. It is not everyday that I see a deer roaming my neighborhood.

No comments: