June 3, 2008
The Pantagraph... Only 15 Cents!
This morning, my father-in-law came for his usual Tuesday visit. And with him he brought a copy of The Pantagraph from the day my husband was born, July 2, 1974. There were a lot of things in this paper that I found fascinating. For instance, almost 34 years ago you could get the paper for only 15 cents. A 3 piece dinner from Kentucky Fried Chicken was $1.35. Playing at the Castle Theater was The Poseidon Adventure and The Exorcist. The price of admission to these shows was $1.00. If you were a teen back in '74 looking for summer work, you could earn $1.80/hr. detasseling. And what I found really interesting was they posted names of people admitted and dismissed from the area hospitals. I spent quite a bit of time thumbing through the yellowing pages. It was quite interesting to see what was going on in the world before I was a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment