June 28, 2008

Timber!

I have been waiting for over a year for this tree to come down. Last spring, my husband noticed that the tree was pretty much done for. It was rotting away and the ants had eaten their fair share of it. But there was one question we needed answered. Was it our tree or the city's tree? This tree stood out by the road so it was something we had to look into before we took action. So on Monday, I called city hall and they had someone come out to mark the tree to see if it was ours or theirs. And thankfully it was on city property and they had to remove it. On Thursday morning, I woke up to a few trucks and some city workers taking her down. Alls that is left of a tree that once stood in my yard and provided a little shade is a stump.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a lovely stump it is

Anonymous said...

I see green leaves...That means the tree is not, sorry was not dead...You are a murderer of trees...tree killer!!!!